basic information & Important Links
NC DECA Career Development Conference (State Competition)
March 9th - 11th, 2016
Koury Convention Center, Greensboro, NC
Members of Apex DECA will compete in both a...
Preparing for states
- Prepare presentation
- Look over Written Events Presentations for tips on how to make your presentation
- Check over guidelines of allowed materials
- Practice. Practice. Practice. And practice in front of others.
- Look over sample exams and role plays to prepare for your Series event
Packing DOs and DON'Ts:
- DO bring at least 2 business-dress outfits. The dress code is the same as it was for Districts, and below I have attached a PDF with the dress code info. Needed outfits: 1 for your role-play, 1 for your written project, and 1 for awards/opening sessions. If you would like to wear different outfits to awards and opening sessions (they are on different days), then pack accordingly. If you would like to double up and wear the same outfit for your role-play and written event, then pack accordingly.
- DO bring casual clothes. You do NOT need to be dressed in business clothes on the bus tomorrow morning. Wear something comfortable. We will also have downtime on each of the days in Greensboro, and you probably do not want to be lounging around in a blazer (this means some athletic wear to hang out in and some school-type clothes to wear to dinner on Friday night).
- DO bring any necessary presentation materials (flip-book, easel, posters, PowerPoints, and any other presentation supplements you may want). We have no extras!
- DO bring lint rollers, extra tights (ladies), hangers (the hotel rooms all have closets with a few hangers in them, but keep in mind there are 3-4 people in each room), and pens for your role-play.
- DO bring spending money for meals. Pizza will be provided tomorrow night, but dinner on Friday night is not pre-paid. I recommend around $100. There is also a mall across the parking lot from the hotel that you may want to go shopping in.
- DO bring snacks and on-the-go breakfast. There are not microwaves or refrigerators in the regular hotel rooms.
- DO bring any personal hygiene items you may need (a room of 4 girls will probably need more shampoo and conditioner in 3 days than what the hotel provides).
- DO bring stuff to do on the charter bus (headphones, a pillow/blanket, homework, etc.)
- DON'T bring any illegal substances/prohibited items. This is a SCHOOL trip.
- DON'T bring a bathing suit. We are not allowed in the pool/hot tub at the hotel.