**Make sure you are in the DECA canvas class for all the tips and tricks for state competition**
basic information & Important Links
What is it?
NC DECA Career Development Conference (State Competition)
When is it?
March 14th - 16th, 2019
Sheraton Greensboro Four Seasons in Greensboro, NC
Preparing for states
Packing DOs and DON'Ts:
- DO bring cans for the Food Drive with Western Wake Crisis Ministry! Check out the tab under State Competition for more information!
- DO bring at least 2 business-dress outfits. The dress code is the same as it was for Districts, and below I have attached a PDF with the dress code info. Needed outfits: 1 for your role-play or written project, and 1 for awards/opening sessions. If you would like to wear different outfits to awards and opening sessions (they are on different days), then pack accordingly.
- You DO need to wear business clothes the morning we leave!
- DO bring casual clothes. We will also have downtime on each of the days in Greensboro, and you probably do not want to be lounging around in a blazer (this means some athletic wear to hang out in and some school-type clothes to wear to dinner on Friday night). Be comfortable!
- DO bring any necessary presentation materials (flip-book, easel, posters, PowerPoints, and any other presentation supplements you may want). We have no extras!
- DO bring lint rollers, extra tights (ladies), hangers (the hotel rooms all have closets with a few hangers in them, but keep in mind there are 3-4 people in each room), and pens for your role-play.
- DO bring spending money for other meals. Pizza will be provided tomorrow night, and dinner we already pre-paid for Friday night's dinner. I recommend around $100. There is also a mall across the parking lot from the hotel that you may want to go shopping in.
- DO bring snacks and on-the-go breakfast. There are not microwaves or refrigerators in the regular hotel rooms.
- DO bring any personal hygiene items you may need (a room of 4 girls will probably need more shampoo and conditioner in 3 days than what the hotel provides).
- DO bring stuff to do on the charter bus (headphones, a pillow/blanket, homework, etc.)
- DON'T bring any illegal substances/prohibited items. This is a SCHOOL trip.
- DON'T bring a bathing suit. We are not allowed in the pool/hot tub at the hotel.